- Lithic technology
- Traceology: microscopic use-wear traces on stone and bone tools, specializing in prehistoric assemblages
- Experimental Archaeology
- Settlement dynamics and subsistence strategies in the Levantine Palaeolithic
- Dispersal of Early Modern Humans in the Middle East
- Evolution of symbolism and art in Palaeolithic Europe
- 1.01.2019 - present: Head of the Prehistory Working Group, IPNA
- 2015 - present: Habilitation (University of Basel): Scratching the surface: techno-typological and microwear analysis on lithic material from prehistoric sites.
- 1.04.2017 - 31.12.2018: Research Associate and Lecturer in Prehistory
- 1.08.2012 - 31.03.2017: part-time Lecturer in Prehistory; teaching under- and postgraduate courses
- 29.03.2012 Doctoral thesis (University of Basel): The Early Middle Palaeolithic Blade industry from Hummal, Central Syria.